Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Class Tonight

So, my second session of the Cold Tofu beginners workshop is tonight. Unfortunately -- or fortunately, depending on how you look at it -- I have zero butterflies in my stomach. Maybe it's because I have an idea of what to expect and who I will be working with. Or, maybe it's because I've been doing this darn freelance project and all I can think about are nucleotides, cell-mediated immunity, and something called Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy. Anyway, my brain is ready to explode. An improv session will be a welcome relief from this medical stuff. (Did I already mention how dumb I am?)

So, this month, my rent went up. Great. Doesn't my landlord know I'm an unemployed actor?

I got another holding fee for the Ford job. Still haven't seen the commercial on mainstream TV but I did catch ESPN yesterday and saw a new ad for the Five Hundred. The footage looks very similar to what I performed, but the road looks completely different, like it was shot on a cobblestone street. I just can't remember if I was driving on cobblestones. It was at the Paramount lot in the New York location. Does anyone know if the streets are cobblestone there?

In the ad I saw, I couldn't see the driver's face, just his arms. The clothes were the same -- black sweater -- but all you see is the guy's arms. Without a face, it's very difficult to determine anything. The driver might as well be a background performer.

On other fronts, I worked on a start-up magazine recently and it looks like the first issue just arrived to the office. Can't wait to see it. Plus, I got productive and printed out the manuscript for a novel I've been working on for the last couple of years. It's in its second draft and after one more edit I'll be sending it out to potential literary agents.

Ah, that's an interesting thing to talk about: agents. Next time, I'll go into how I got my acting agent. Looks like I'm about to go through a similar process anyway.

OK, time to carbo-load my brain.

No comments: