Monday, March 07, 2005

Crazy Week

Things have gotten a bit crazy lately. I finally gave up that freelance gig. Felt bad about it, but I really wasn't qualified to do the work. Oh well...

Last week's improv class was a bit of a downer for me. I really sucked in that one. I'm talking about it now because I don't feel so bad about it anymore. Must've been all that soju I drank in Koreatown this past weekend.

My friends from Seattle came down and one of them ran the L.A. Marathon. He did a great job and finished at about 3:47. I drove and ran all around the marathon route trying to catch up with him. Managed to catch him twice, but missed him at mile 22 and at the finish line. He brought some friends with him and we all had a pretty fun weekend. Went to Prince and Manna in K-town. Fat Fish in West Hollywood. Toe Bang in K-town. And, uh, let's see...oh, yeah, went to Sake House on La Brea and on Sunday went to The Standard downtown.

I definitely have to lose some weight now. I pigged out on chicken and Korean BBQ and drank way too much beer and soju, not to mention all the sushi and martinis I had at Fat Fish.

Today, I went shopping with my out-of-town friends on 3rd Street Promenade and bought a shirt at Zara, a new clothing store that kicks ass. Oh, we also went shopping for track jackets on Melrose on Saturday. My friend was trying to buy a Fred Perry Laurel track jacket but couldn't find any. So, we finally found one today at Fred Segal in Santa Monica.

(Sorry this is so incoherent but it's all I can muster right now. After I'm done with this, I gotta write a couple of TV spots for SBC Communications. Kinda weird, too, because I'm writing them with characters that I could play. More power to me, I suppose.)

I have an audition tomorrow for Microsoft and then I'm picking up another friend (this one from Taiwan) from the airport. She's staying for one night, then leaving for Seattle. Then I'm off to Seattle on Friday for a couple of days. I think I'll be partying up there too.

Man, what a crazy week.

No comments: