Saturday, March 26, 2005

Fasting for Easter

Well, not exactly. I am fasting though. Just started today. Doing the Master Cleanse fast, which you can read about on the Web. I've done this twice before. The last one was for 10 days. I actually invited about 35 people to do it via evite and I think about 25 ended up doing it. Called it the Mass Master Cleanse.

Anyway, I'm not doing it because of Easter but I should probably tell that to people. In actuality, I'm doing it, largely, for vanity reasons: losing excess weight, clearing up skin, allergies, etc. There's some spiritual benefits too, but of course, I can't really confirm or claim those. But if you want to experience a calm, quiet mind for a while, fasting is a surefire way of getting there. Just ask any monk. They'll do fasts that last for 40 days!

One of my friends is doing the cleanse by herself and -- in addition to doing it for my own reasons -- I thought she could use the company. She started last Tuesday, I think, so this is her 5th day of a 10-day fast. I'm going to do at least 5 days. At least 7 would be ideal, though.

The print job I did went well and I even scored a free pair of dress shoes. Really nice ones, too. I knew they couldn't return worn shoes so I asked for them. I found out about this after doing another print job where they gave me shoes to wear. After it was over, the wardrobe person just said to take them home. I usually score socks and a t-shirt at these as well. Yes, it's the little things that matter most.

Oftentimes, if you wore something expensive like a suit, you can offer to pay a discounted price for it. Once in a rare while, they might even give it to you, especially if they had to tailor the jacket and pants.

I was once at a photo shoot for Dean Cain and the wardrobe stylist gave him everything she brought, including suits he didn't even try on. So, I'm pretty damn tickled about my new shoes.

No comments: