Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My First Dilemma

So tomorrow my agent wants me to go to a commercial audition as a martial arts guy at 4:15 somewhere in Hollywood. "4:15," I think to myself. "That's a really bad time to be driving to an audition. Especially if I'm supposed to be at work at that time." And thus, I had my first dilemma of the new job.

I don't know what I'm going to do. A few weeks ago, I told myself that if any situation like this came up, I would deal with it when it arrived. So now I'm dealing with it. And my answer is still the same. I'll deal with it when it arrives, sometime tomorrow around 3:00. That's too late for a lunch break, too early to go home for the day. I'll just have to see what happens. Maybe I'll be auditioning as a martial arts guy, maybe I won't.

Today, at work, it was just nonstop busy. I couldn't have left the office if I wanted. Well, I did drive down the street to get some really awful BBQ pork over rice. Whatever you do, don't go to Hop Woo restaurant on Olympic in West L.A. It is the absolute worst Chinese restaurant I have ever been to.

I had plans to go to the gym after work but just didn't have the energy. Right now, I'm having a beer. Grolsch in the green bottle. Pretty soon, I hope to pass out and get some sleep.

Oh, by the way, this is the second time I've auditioned for a martial arts role in five years. Five years! What's strange is the first time was two weeks ago. I think my agent wants me to do martial arts stuff now. Very strange. Guess I'll be faking it again.

No comments: