Saturday, April 23, 2005

Down to Fumes

Without exception, it takes at least 2 months before you get paid for doing a print job. Two months! Several times, I've been paid 3 months after doing the job. That sucks! Here you are, trying to pay rent or a mortgage, perhaps a car payment or your bills, maybe even wanting to celebrate your busy workload every now and then, but you have to wait 3 months to do it!

I'm in a precarious postition, one that happens more often than I'd like. I have done some freelance work or a print job, but your clients take their time about paying you. One freelance client hasn't paid me for two months, and it isn't even that much money. Yet they still continue to have me do more work for them. But my bank account is hovering around empty. Each day, I optimistically check my mail to see if a check has arrived. And each day, I walk back to my apartment dejected.

In 2 weeks, everything will probably be fine. But right now, I'm feeling just a little desperate.

No comments: