Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh, Woe Is Me...

I realize I haven't written anything truly dreadful or depressing, which is really not being honest. It takes a lot to keep perspective while living in Hollywood. You get caught up in the whirlwind of consumerism and materialism--and that's just the dating scene.

Well, last weekend I had a period of several hours just reflecting on life...and it wasn't pretty. Enjoy! ;)
___________________________

OH, WOE IS ME…

I used to think that the world is not fair. But over the years, I’ve come to believe that the world is, in fact, fair. It’s just not fair to me.

Why can’t the world revolve around me just once?

Someone told me that books are the key to knowledge. But the more I read, I realize how much more knowledge everyone else has.

If I cry long enough, will the pain go away or will it just take a break until I start crying about something new?

I believe in the power of prayer to take away my sorrows. And right now, I just pray that I won’t have to pray too much longer.

The darkness in my heart is sometimes overtaken by the darkness in my soul. No wonder I live in sunny California.

I make most of my living trying to convince people they need to pay me for whatever it is that I do.

I know that the candle that burns the brightest burns the shortest. But why does my wick seem to never light for very long?

If the world has ever been my oyster, someone must have shucked it.

My fear of abandonment was left on some stranger’s porch a long time ago.

My whole point of being has been left unsharpened.

I wish I were the tissue you blow your nose in. Or the dirt you spit on. Or the water you piss and poop in. At least, then, I’d have purpose.

By the time I get to the light at the end of the tunnel, it’ll be nighttime.

I tried to look at the window to my soul, but a bird flew into it and broke its little neck.

When I can’t sleep, I often pretend I am dreaming of being awake.

I used to think the world revolved around me, but then I realized that standing still while the world continued to spin was not quite the same thing.

© 2006 L.T. Goto. All rights reserved.

No comments: