Friday, April 28, 2006

Freelance Season Begins

This is my busy time of the year. And because one of my clients is seasonal, this becomes my REALLY busy time of the year. I had a project on Monday morning that was due by the next day at noon. That took me over 12 hours to finish, in addition to my regular job! So, doing the math, I'm not getting much sleep.

This morning, arriving by FedEx, I just got another 80 pages to look at. Friggin' A!

But as much as I whine and complain about it, I really don't mind the extra work. It's always been my thing to get my own raises.

This afternoon, I got a call from a Japanese company that distributes household products. They want me to pick up some of their products and rewrite their instruction manuals. Oh boy...

Oh, and I think I forgot to mention that a plastic surgeon I sometimes hang out with wants to do a trade for some copywriting. That's right. I'm thinking of pimping out my services for some Meso body sculpting and laser blemish removal.

What's Meso body sculpting? Well, apparently they stick you with needles and suck out the fat from your cells. It's like liposuction, only they leave the fat cells in your body, but remove the fat. Unfortunately, you have to go through about 6 treatments before you finally see some good results. Yeah, I know. I should just go to a friggin' gym, but damnit, if you got it (copywriting skills), you might as well flaunt it.

Actually, doing stuff for barter isn't a bad idea. I mean, I could probably get massages, facials, manicures, haircuts, dental work, and car repairs for the stuff I do. I know that Craigslist has a site for bartering services, but I bet there's a better way of making some deals.

Anyway, I'm way too overworked as it is right now. I should just work on getting some sleep.

No comments: