Friday, March 10, 2006

Kinda Freakin' Busy Again

A while back, I wrote about how I had very little time to think about anything. Well, I'm getting that feeling again.

As you know, I stopped the improv classes so that I would have more time to myself. But in actuality, I've only gained about 4 more hours per week. That's not much.

Tomorrow, I will have had my fourth print audition for the week. That's insane! I work full time! I can't be going out on auditions that much! But fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, my agent schedules all my auditions right around lunch time. So, all I gotta do is get ready in the morning for my lunch time appointments.

The other day, I had one for Verizon, and it looks like they want me. Well, almost. They've put me on a "strong avail," which is almost certain that I got the job. (Every "strong avail" I've had, I've booked the job.) And just to keep me interested, Verizon will pay me $300 to go in for a fitting this weekend at the W Hotel. It's in the Presidential Suite, baby. I don't think I've ever been in one of those before, especially at the W.

I'm going in for an audition tomorrow for Wells Fargo, as an arm/hand model. So you're probably wondering, what does an arm/hand model pull in for a print job? It pays $750. Probably will take 6 hours to shoot, tops. You don't even have to comb your hair for this one.

But the thing is, I'm still on avail for that Microsoft print job that's shooting between the 20th and 28th of this month. The Verizon job is between the 14th and the 21st. This hand job shoots on the 20th, I believe, and my agent knows there's a potential conflict there. But what she doesn't know is I have to be in Austin, Texas, on the 23rd and 24th. In fact, I just found out today. It's for work. Again. My second trip for work in less than one month. Now that's insane.

I finally finished one of my freelance projects. That's a done deal, thank you very much. And, I also finished editing most of the magazine that I work for on the side. This weekend, I have to go to a house party for some old friends, followed by a birthday party at a club for some new friends.

I don't have a lot more to say than just firing off all my crap for the week. But I will say this. I tried going to the gym after work three times this week, and every time, I ended up driving home. There was just no way. I'm physically and mentally exhausted as it is. I don't even bother making a schedule any more. My schedule is completely out of my control.

No comments: