Friday, December 01, 2006

The Manifestation

So, it really WAS a shit dream! Like I said, I don't have these too often. But when I do, whammo!

This time, it wasn't a job, but it is job related. I was anticipating it would be a residual check or some sort of reuse fee for an old commercial or print ad. Nope. Nada.

Apparently, the accounting department at my office has been paying me on a 20-day basis, versus the actual 22-day work calendar. Accountants know this, or should know it. So, I think the guy was actually trying to cheat me out of 2 days' pay each month.

I've been there about 9 months now, so I got 18 days of pay coming to me next month as a bonus. Well, not really, since I earned it. But it sort of feels like one. And then my monthly salary should go up 2 days' pay as well, so I've given myself a raise, sort of.

I know, I know. It's nothing to brag about. I'm actually getting what I should've been getting already, but still...it counts for something, right?

Anyway, I'm taking it. Anything to make my sorry ass feel better is worth the while.

No comments: